We’re excited for another great basketball season, which begins December! Boys will participate once again in the Raleigh Baptist Association (RBA) League.
Boys in grades 4-6 play in the Freshman League.
Boys in grades 7-9 play in the Junior League.
Boys in grades 10-12 play in the senior league.
The girls league (grades 6-12) is called the Triangle Girls’ Church Basketball Association (click for league website).
There is a $20 player fee to help cover some of the cost of participating in our basketball leagues. This fee is due no later than November 1. Parents, please make checks out to Hayes Barton Baptist Church, with Basketball in the memo line. Or you can pay online. (If you pay online, please select “Youth-Basketball fees” from the dropdown box.)
Additionally, each player needs to complete a participation waiver. These forms may be turned into your coaches before the first games.
Each player (excluding those on the Freshman Team) must meet certain attendance requirements to be eligible to play: 5 activities by Dec. 1, an additional 5 by Jan. 1, and an additional 5 by Feb. 1 (15 total for the season). These activities must be signed by the Youth Minister, Ward Page.
Activities that may be counted toward this total include:
- Youth Sunday School
- Worship (This counts for 1/4 of an activity)
- Youth Choir Rehearsal (Sundays, 5:00pm)
- The Point (Youth discipleship gatherings)
- Youth @ The Point (weekly, Sundays 6:00-8:00pm)
- Point5 (weekly, Wednesdays, 6:15-7:15pm)
- Multi-day events or trips (count 1 activity per day)
Practices will begin the week of November 4, and will take place in Turner Gym in our Family Life Center.
- Freshman Boys (Grades 4-6) – Mondays, 6:30-8:00pm
- Junior Boys (Grades 7-9) – Tuesdays, 6:00-7:30pm
- Senior Boys (Grades 10-12) – Thursdays, 8:00-9:30pm
- Girls (Grades 6-12) – Sundays, 3:30-5:00pm