Although we long to see each other in person, we are grateful that HBBC has continued to remain connected virtually through worship, Sunday School classes, and other activities. The Path Forward Task Force has continued their work and would like to give you an update on the first phase of re-opening the church office. As stated previously, “Any plans for reopening the church will need to be negotiated with great skill and caution.”
We want to thank those of you that participated in a survey a few weeks ago. This information has helped the task force to make plans and move forward. Within the next week, we will be asking for your help again upon release of a second survey.
Below is the latest information about our Path Forward.
- Our top priority is the health and safety of our members, guests, and staff. All recommendations from our task force will be based upon this priority.
- Decisions about reopening will follow guidelines from governing authorities, public health officials, and other criteria recommended by the task force and approved by the Diaconate.
- Our ministry staff will continue to give primary attention to our worship broadcast.
- We will continue to provide online resources for Sunday school classes, Bible studies, committees, and other small groups, and encourage these groups to remain connected.
- Beginning on Monday, June 15 we will begin opening the office on a limited basis with limited staff. There will be someone at the front desk from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM on Mondays and 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Tuesdays through Fridays. The building will continue to remain locked and we ask that you make an appointment before coming. Masks are required in the building as well as signing in and out and having your temperature checked prior to your appointment.
We will continue to update you as we work toward a safe and slow reopening of our facility.