Many are asking how can they help so the Missions Evangelism Council would like to encourage you to consider these options below:
ASSISTING CHURCH MEMBERS
You can share your need or willingness to help during this time by filling out our online form. If you know of someone that needs assistance, please fill out the form for them.
Children can also make cards for our members. If you would like to partner with a church member, please contact Sarah Mears at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can give through the Easter Offering (HBBC Missions/COVID-19) to help fund the projects or organizations that we are partnering with, as financial needs arise during this crisis. Click here to give.
- Inter-faith Food Shuttle is helping to feed children, families, and the community during this time. You can donate money or take non-perishable food directly to them at one of their drop off locations. Find out more, including a list of COVID-19 foods they need, at https://www.foodshuttle.org/.
- Videos and photos for WakeMed – Families can make a short thank you video for those serving at WakeMed or take a picture of their kids holding thank you signs or banners. Once you take your video or photo, send it to Sarah Mears (email@example.com).
- Cards for Alliance Medical Ministry – Thank you and encouragement cards are needed for the clinic staff. Send cards to Ruthie Wofford, 101 Donald Ross Drive, Raleigh, NC 27610.
- Donate blood – There is a constant need for donations. Appointments are required. Go to https://www.redcrossblood.org/ to find a time and location near you.
- Work in the food bank at Urban Ministries. They are giving out 50-70 bags Monday-Thursday to the community. They need help preparing the bags to pass out. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.