The church library of Hayes Barton Baptist Church is very thoughtfully named the Christian Resource Center (CRC). The mission of the Christian Resource Center is to serve as a steward of media resources that strengthen and support the ministries of HBBC, its members, visitors, and community.
The CRC strives to be more than a collection of valuable books. The CRC can be a gathering place, a training center, a reflection place, a listening center, a viewing center – a place of respite, renewal, and encouragement.
The CRC endeavors to
- Bolster faith for young believers through an abundance of light, popular Christian reading resources.
- By providing abundant preschool, children, and youth resources that address Christian character formation.
- Provide encouraging, inspiring, motivating current biographies of Christian leaders.
- Provide topical areas of literature for lifestyle issues from a Christian perspective.
- Provide current Bible study resources and reference books for teachers and leaders.
You can access our online catalog HERE to browse our library offerings, renew or reserve books and more!
General Guidelines for Patrons
- All library materials must be properly checked-out and is the sole responsibility of the individual to whom it is loaned.
- CRC patrons are responsible for following circulation procedures and returning library materials within a reasonable amount of time so that others may enjoy them.
- CRC patrons are responsible for lost, missing, or damaged materials.
- First time patrons must complete a registration card before checking out materials. Please fill out the card completely. This can be completed through the online catalog as well.Link to OPAC
- Most materials may be checked out for three weeks. Follow the written check-out procedure on the desk when the CRC is not staffed.
- Books must be returned to the library in the bin labeled Book Return.
The CRC is pleased to accept any donations in the form of single items, collections, or monetary gifts. Donations should include books or media in new or like-new condition. All donations should be current (published within the last five years). As an exception, we will accept books needed to complete series that are currently on our shelves and older books in like-new condition from specific authors. Upon receipt, the donations become the property of Hayes Barton Baptist Church and the CRC. The decision to keep or discard items will be at the discretion of the CRC leadership and will follow the same criteria for book selection.Link to CRC Policies For monetary donations, checks need to be addressed to Hayes Barton Baptist Church with a notation that the money is designated for the CRC.
Memorial and Honorarium Donations
Monetary donations may be made in honor or memory of a loved one. Memorials and honorariums provide for lasting memorials that are beneficial to the CRC and its patrons. Memorial and honorarium gifts will be acknowledged in a permanent book located in the CRC.
Bookplates noting donor will be placed on the inside front cover of all book donations added to the collection and the inside of audiovisual materials.
Questions or comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.